Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Craft Fair Items: Mini Composition Notebooks

I decided I was going to do one or two craft fairs this fall. I typically create small, manageable projects. So when I find something I really enjoy making (and that is relatively inexpensive and fast!) I kind of go overboard and make them in bulk. For example, I LOVE covering mini composition notebooks. I used to do it with mod podge, and it took a bit more time. But now, after seeing a video on YouTube where someone used ATG tape, I started doing it that way. They literally take me less than 2 minutes each. Thats just to cover the book with paper, I'll go back at some point and embellish them. Anyway, there is a Dollar General near me where I get the mini composition notebooks for 3 for $1. Can't beat it. Here are some pictures of the mini books I covered yesterday ( remember they are not embellished yet, although some of the paper is so pretty I might not even need to embellish a few!) 


These minis were covered using the Glam Girl Stack
The French Country Stack (shabby chic, i love!)
All About Girls Stack
The one on the left was covered using paper from My Mind's Eye: Lost & Found paper pack. The one on the right is the same as in the previous picture (All About Girls Stack) but these would both make adorable christmas themed books! 



So these are just a few of the examples of notebooks I will have at my upcoming craft fair. I think I will cover the black binding with some white duct tape. It makes the books look more feminine. Anyway, like I said, they are so inexpensive ( $0.33 cents each) and easy to make. I'm off to make some more right now! 

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment